CyberSecurity Hall of Fame[no description provided]
Congratulations to the 2016 winners!
- Dan Geer, Chief Information Security Officer at In-Q-Tel;
- Lance J. Hoffman, Distinguished Research Professor of Computer Science, The George Washington University;
- Horst Feistel, Cryptographer and Inventor of the United States Data Encryption Standard (DES);
- Paul Karger, High Assurance Architect, Prolific Writer and Creative Inventor;
- Butler Lampson, Adjunct Professor at MIT, Turing Award and Draper Prize winner;
- Leonard J. LaPadula, Co-author of the Bell-LaPadula Model of Computer Security; and
- William Hugh Murray, Pioneer, Author and Founder of the Colloquium for Information System Security Education (CISSE)
In a world where influence seems to be measured in likes, re-tweets and shares, the work by these 7 fine people really stands the test of time. For some reason this showed up on Linkedin as "Butler was mentioned in the news," even though it's a few years old. Again, test of time.