About Adam Shostack
Adam is the author Threat Modeling: Designing for Security and Threats: What Every Engineer Should Learn from Star Wars. He’s a leading expert on threat modeling, a consultant, expert witness, and game designer. He has decades of experience delivering security. His experience ranges across the business world from founding startups to nearly a decade at Microsoft.
His accomplishments include:
- Helped create the CVE. Now an Emeritus member of the Advisory Board.
- Fixed Autorun for hundreds of millions of systems
- Led the design and delivery of the Microsoft SDL Threat Modeling Tool (v3)
- Created the Elevation of Privilege threat modeling game
- Co-authored The New School of Information Security
Beyond consulting and training, Shostack serves as a member of the Blackhat Review Board, an advisor to a variety of companies and academic institutions, and as an Affiliate Professor at the Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington.