Links for Talk: "Weighty Discussion of Frivolous Things"
I gave the keynote at OWASP Portland Training Day 2021, A Weighty Discussion of Frivolous Things. The abstract is:
In a world where our gas and our burgers are under threat by Russian CRIMINALS, how can anyone take their shoulder from the grindstone, their eye off the ball, their hands from the wheel … it all seems pretty convoluted, doesn’t it? Doing the same thing over and over doesn’t seem to be solving our problems, and Adam will share some tools and frames that have worked for him and will empower you to achieve more and have fun while making the world a better place.
Links to support the talk
- I referenced Richard Hamming's talk on "You and Your Research". Text version or video version.
- "Creative Problem Solving" is a term of art that some researchers use, and gets you more helpful advice than searching on "how to be creative." I used this one. Reminder — sitting there Googling doesn't help you solve problems.
- Oblique Strategies (That's the version on Enoshop, you can also order on Amazon.
- The Innovative Whack Pack.
- Elevation of Privilege and other security games at Agile Stationery. (Some are available via Amazon.)
- Not mentioned in the talk, my list of cybersecurity games.